Fred Smith Company is currently seeking to fill a Project Accountant position. The Project Accountant’s position plays a key role in the success of the Project Team.
- Assumes responsibility for working with project team members and maintaining complete and accurate records for multiple jobs – working with multiple project managers, engineers and accountants.
- When a new job number is assigned, an appropriate electronic and main file is set up per standard operating procedure.
- Review each project’s Job Facts folder and become familiar with the unique aspects of the job. Understand the customer billing/payment cycle and assist in coordinating and distributing payment applications and lien releases (waivers), per procedure.
- Communicate regularly with the Project Managers, Engineers and Accountants to understand the specific needs of each job and determine where assistance is needed. Assistance may be in tracking submittals and RFI’s, making copies, reviewing and sending out meeting minutes, following up with subcontractors or material suppliers to ensure the proper documents are received; and other needs as required.
- Assist Project team in preparing subcontractor payments and prime contract billings to ensure subcontractor payments and client billings are timely.
- On receipt of vendor subcontracts and purchase orders, thoroughly review before entering/filing to insure all elements have been returned and signed in the appropriate locations and that if there are any modifications, that the Project Manager has initialed his acceptance. If modifications are not accepted by PM, continue the communication “loop” with the vendor until both parties have fully executed documents.
- Review subcontractor insurance certificates, W-9’s, Master Service Agreements (MSA’s), Change Orders (CO’s), and Work Orders (WO’s).
- Review Certified Payrolls for self-performed work and/or subcontractors.
- Support the project team’s documentation of the validation of DBE’s commercially useful function requirements, DBE payment certifications, and FSC’s good faith efforts to attain DBE goals during the Project Execution Phase (Post-award) to ensure compliance with Federal and State contract requirements.
- Monitoring accounts receivable and payable. Assist Project teams and Accounting in following up with subcontractor and material supplier compliance issues and with customer collections as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties include receptionist support, fax and copy machine maintenance (fill with paper, distribute faxes, replace toner, etc.), and assisting with company sponsored events as requested.
- Prepare daily outgoing mail for the team members, includes preparing envelopes and labels and applying the proper postage.
- Support field operations and project teams with expense reporting.
Interested applicants may apply in confidence at:
Or, by sending a copy of your resume to:
We provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including affordable health insurance, paid time off, holiday pay and a 401k plan with a generous match. Fred Smith Company is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected group status under federal, state or local law. Fred Smith Company is an E-Verify Participant.