Fred Smith Company is currently seeking experienced heavy equipment operators to fill multiple positions. We are a self-perform heavy civil contractor working in the greater Raleigh and Triangle area. Pay will be commensurate with experience; all employees are eligible after 90 days for benefits such as health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
Open positions include:
- Finish Dozer operators
- Rough grade dozer
- Motorgrader Operator
- Rubber Tire Excavator Operator
- GPS Excavator Operator
- Offroad Truck Drivers
- Roller Operator
Essential duties of the role include:
- Follow all company safety policies including taking specific action to avoid other workers, other equipment, potential obstructions and marked or unmarked utility lines.
- Operate equipment in an efficient manner and follow instructions of on-site management
- Follow all equipment monitoring and maintenance requirements
- Move and/or load material utilizing dozers, excavators, loaders, etc.
Interested candidates can apply for a position in one of the following ways:
- Send in a resume by filling out the form below
- Apply in person at 6105 Chapel Hill Road, Raleigh 27607
Local candidates preferred. We provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including affordable health insurance, paid time off, holiday pay and a 401k plan with a generous match. Fred Smith Company is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected group status under federal, state or local law. Fred Smith Company is an E-Verify Participant.