Start Date: October 2013Completion Date: March 2018
Project(s) consist of work to upgrade existing NC-24 corridor from a 2 lane facility to a 4 lane high-speed facility. This is a major connector between Fort Bragg and Camp Lejeune.
Combined Contract Value $ 88,500,000.00
- 16 miles of highway construction
- 8 New Bridges
- 270,000 Tons of Aggregate Base Course
- 2,100,000 CY of Borrow
- 78,000 LF of Curb and Gutter
- 5 Box Culverts
- 60,000 LF of Water and Sewer Line
- 72,000 LF of Storm Drainage
- $ 1MM worth of Signal Upgrades
- 370,000 Tons of Asphalt
- Project includes new location highway construction, widening of rural highway, and urban widening within the limits of Clinton, NC.
- Fred Smith Company is anticipating completion of the project ahead of NCDOT contract completion dates.
- Fred Smith Company has worked with the NCDOT throughout the course of the project to improve elements of the original design to benefit the taxpayers of NC including upgrading the proposed pavement sections, elimination of high cost retaining walls, improvements to the water and sewer infrastructure of Clinton, and upgraded safety improvements at intersections.
- Fred Smith Company has used this opportunity to develop positive new relationships with subcontractors in Eastern North Carolina that we continue to grow moving into the future.