The Fred Smith Company was contracted by Siler City for the rehabilitation of the Siler City Airport runway. The project consisted of 5000 linear feet of widening, full depth reclamation and repaving as well as the milling and replacement of the existing apron. Fred Smith Company crews were challenged with a 55 day schedule requiring a full shutdown of the airport, coordination of multiple crews and sub-contractors all while battling rainy October weather.
- 54,470 Square Yards of Pulverization
- 1417 Tons of Full Depth Cement Stabilization
- 55,000 Square Yards of Fine Grading
- 9,746 Tons of Asphalt Paving
- 14,760 Square Yards of Shoulder Grading and associated topsoil placement
- Replacement and raising of electrical fixtures