Fred Smith Company is searching for a Payroll Clerk within our Payroll department. The Payroll Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of Payroll and other Personnel related information into our JDE system. Responsibilities include:
- Set up and maintain computerized Personnel Files regarding payroll, personnel, tax withholdings, wage verifications, garnishments, child support, wage and salary rate.
- Process weekly hourly timecards, assist payroll administrators by checking postings, batch totals against manual totals.
- Make changes and/or adjustments on employee deductions, as instructed either by the Payroll Manager or the Payroll Administrator.
- Assist Payroll Manager in setting up certified payroll jobs in the payroll system, on all state and federally funded highway projects worked by the Company.
- Assist Payroll Manager in preparing, and transmitting 401K file for weekly contribution transmittal of employees’ contributions and loan repayments.
- Assist the government agencies by filling out the wage verification request from Social Security, child support agencies, etc. by completing appropriate forms regarding hours worked, and monies earned. Assist Payroll Administrator with wage verifications from Employment Security Commission on employees who have received unemployment benefits during the year.
- Assist Payroll Administrators in maintaining records regarding weekly employee eligibility for accrues benefits: FMLA Bank Hours, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays. Etc.
- Assist Payroll Administrators with large amounts of data keying such as: weekly time entry, Holiday hours, and/or insurance benefits, etc.
- Answer telephone and assist employees with Online Delivery issues; set up new password, unlock accounts, etc.
- Confer with Payroll Manager on problems, and progress. Request counsel, advice, and approval as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Interested applicants may apply in confidence at:
Or, by sending a copy of your resume to:
We provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including affordable health insurance, paid time off, holiday pay and a 401k plan with a generous match. Fred Smith Company is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected group status under federal, state or local law. Fred Smith Company is an E-Verify Participant.