Fred Smith Company is currently searching for an experienced Estimator. The successful candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience with an emphasis on highway interchanges, drainage systems, roads, and bridges. This position is not an entry level role and requires demonstrable previous experience as a heavy civil estimator.
• Estimating self-performed projects which typically range from 5 million to 50 million dollars including pricing labor, equipment, and material costs.
• Working knowledge of construction assemblies and all project phases.
• Ability to produce detailed, accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
• Ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate.
• Identify constructability issues through the estimating process.
• Identify and propose value-engineering alternatives.
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively and work cohesively within a team environment.
• Working experience on HCSS software a plus.
Interested applicants may apply in confidence at:
Or, by sending a copy of your resume to:
Fred Smith Company offers competitive pay and cost effective health benefits, paid time off, holiday pay and one of the best 401K matching programs in the construction industry. Fred Smith Company is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected group status under federal, state or local law. Fred Smith Company is an E-Verify Participant.